For more information visit: sunriver-resort.com
The Crosswater Club at Sunriver Resort is one of the most beautiful and challenging golf courses in the country. Most people know this course for its long play and environmental stewardship. What is lesser known about this course is what lies along the 11th fairway.
Surrounded by a white picket fence are seven marked graves dating back to the 1800’s. The Allen family, which owned a homestead on what is now Crosswater, interred loved ones in this small cemetery. The family raised cattle on the property, which they owned until 1942. When Bob Cupp designed the Crosswater course in 1995, he decided the cemetery would not be disturbed. To this day members of the Allen family still visit to pay their respects.
A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT
Crosswater, inspired by the legendary highlands of Scotland, is nestled within 600 magnificent acres of tranquil meadows, refreshing pine forests, and over three miles of meandering rivers. This great 7,693 yard bent grass heathland style golf course by award winning designer Robert E. Cupp winds its way through these stunning pristine acres along the Deschutes Rivers. Threaded by the gently flowing Deschutes and Little Deschutes Rivers, depending on tee selection the rivers can come into play as often as seven times in a round. Five tees on each hole balance risks against rewards and challenge golfers of all levels.
Crosswater’s pristine setting at the confluence of both the Deschutes and Little Deschutes Rivers, with wetland, meadow, and forest intermingling, presents one of the most attractive habitats for wildlife in Central Oregon. With ample space between residences and open corridors to facilitate movement, Crosswater will remain just as attractive to wildlife for years to come.
ONE DESTINATION. FOUR DISTINCTIVE COURSES.
Graced with carefully preserved wetlands, forested meadows, and sparkling waters, Sunriver Resort offers 63 holes of the best golf in the West. With their aesthetic grace, holes bordering the meandering Sunriver, and dramatic use of directional and fore bunkers, these golf courses serve up ample challenges for golfers of all skill levels.
Each of Sunriver Resort's four golf courses was designed by an acclaimed architect. Crosswater, was designed by Bob Cupp. Meadows, was designed by John Fought. Robert Trent Jones Jr. was the mastermind behind The Woodlands, and Caldera Links is another Bob Cupp design.
- 2001, 2007, 2013, 2017 PGA Professional National Championship
- 1997-2016 Pacific Amateur Golf Classic
- 2007-2010 JELD-WEN Tradition
- 2006 NCAA Division I Men's National Championship
- 2000 & 2005 NCAA Division I Women's National Championship
- 2004 NCAA Division I Men's Western Regional Championship
- 1999 Shell's Wonderful World of Golf (Fred Couples vs. John Daly)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Top 10 Destinations for Family Golf, Golf Digest
- #28 of America's top 100 Greatest Golf Courses, Golf Digest
- "Top 75 Golf Resorts in America," Golf Digest
- "Golf's 50 Greatest Destinations," Golf Digest
- "America's Top 75 Upscale Courses Everyone Can Play," Golf Digest